Saturday, January 30, 2010

This and that...

After asking Mark today to help me teach Creston a few things in his workbook that I couldn't figure out how to get him to understand.....and after Mark tried, but couldn't get him to understand it either, we had a little talk (which resulted in ME flopping my head onto my arms on the dining room table and sighing loudly...) and decided that I should focus on the Alphabet and only the Alphabet until he got that down pat. Then Mark also said that I should also focus on having Creston work on his name......tracing the letters...spelling his name.....ect.

I had already decided to work mainly on the Alphabet and had found some activities to focus on, so that wasn't such an up-roar for us to decide to stay away from more advanced things. I just sometimes get frustrated that I'm not able to explain things correctly enough to allow Creston to "Get it" and it makes me sad.

However, we sat down with the following "A" tracing worksheet and he did pretty good with that!



Then, I had found this little printable that showed Upper ad Lower-case "A's" and had Vreston match the big and little a's to the page. He did this really well.
All was going good until the very end when I said "What letter is this again?" and he said "R!!!!" and looked so pleased with himself............head on table again......siiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhh.......
"We're done for the day, Creston....you can go play now....."

No comments:

Post a Comment